Business Development Manager
SEED Ventures is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) who will be responsible for raising revenue and expanding business opportunities that allow the organization to achieve and sustain its mission. The BDM will work in close collaboration with the CEO and Director to ensure that the strategic plan is fully operational and on track, through implementing processes and procedures. A person applying for this position must be able to develop proposals and concept notes for new projects or for the extension of old projects. The BDM work with a diverse range of people, across many teams, to ensure the delivery of successful, profitable and reputable projects in line with our strategy.
Objectives of this Role:
- Conduct in-depth market and desk research to identify potential grant, funding, collaboration opportunities that match or are aligned with SEED’s portfolios.
- Develop full scale concept notes, proposal and budgets as per the requirement of the client.
- Develop technical proposal for the public sector when an opportunity for an RFP is available or has been identified by the BDM themselves.
- Develop technical proposals for different multilateral organizations/development sector organizations as per their submission standards and needs.
- Identify partnerships with organization that can lead to strengthening SEED’s network and develop MOUs to formalize partnerships, follow up on relationships to ensure further development.
- Ensure that all documentation is available for the submission of the proposals within stipulated timeline.
- Work in close coordination with the CEO to design and develop new projects.
- Have weekly meetings with the programme managers to provide strategic feedback on the projects.
- Collate programme information for the yearly impact report and ensure its timely development and delivery.
- Develops and regularly updates a comprehensive business development plan, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines to achieve annual budget goals.
- Analyzes and identifies scope for business case analysis and recommends solutions and improvements to business procedures.
- Identifies business opportunities (i.e., long-term services and supports and other evidence based programs)
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day task, establish the working plan
- Provide a weekly progress report
- Analyze and appraise the effectiveness of results
- Facilitate project review and checkpoint meetings with Portfolio managers
- Escalate issues that threaten project success
- Be willing and committed to take on new work as and when required and to be proactive